Wowsers ! We sure do have a lot of shows and stuff going on with the band. After a quick update from Miss Roxie I can tell you the following things.
1. A guy from Thrasher Magazine e-mailed the Club House to tell us that they're doing a CD Review on us and that they're printing a Review on a show we played there with Deadbolt a few months back. And if that wasn't awesome enough, they also want to interview us before our show on April 15 @ Ziggy's in Tempe. What a deal. I for one am HYPED !!!
2. We're gonna be playing a show with Curl Up And Die and Terror on April 23 @ The Crystal Palace Skate Rink that I guarantee won't get broken up by The Man, so everyone please come out and check out these 2 great bands and then us...heh heh heh.
3. I think we're gonna be playing @ Rumor's in North Hollywood on April 24 (Roxie's B-Day) and then on the 25th we're going to the opening of the Twilight Zone ride @ California Theme Park ! Special thanks to Caveman for hooking that up.
4. All of the above is on top of our other shows coming up, like the 3 pending shows with some legendary U.K. bands, and the Tour we're going on with The Half Empties, plus the show on June 24 with Defiance. And in the midst of all this gigging we're supposed to finish up the 7" and print up a shitload of merch and keep our wits about us. Yeah right. Like that will ever happen.
5. I don't think we're going to be playing @ Smoothie King anytime soon. They were busting our nuts over our guarantee. It seems their policy is that they don't pay bands to play there, but yet the bands themselves have to pay to play. We told them if they don't pay us that we don't play. They had Brendan from Absent Minded call Roxie to try to get us to play for free, and when that didn't work they had SOMEONE in N.Y.C. call the Club House claiming to be the "Smoothie King's Business Partner" try to talk us into playing for free. We asked them to send us some paperwork on this great charity that all the proceeds go to, and of course they never sent a thing, so phooey.
We're working on a totally gay new song, and we're gonna try to have it ready for the upcoming AZ. shows, and even though Jesse The Super Roadie didn't get us those Darkness tickets he was supposed to, we're still gonna have fun when we get there. My liver hurts at the thought. See ya at the shows on Sat.